Thursday, March 12, 2009

Whispering Hope Ranch Breakfast

I had to get up very early, so early in fact, that when I pulled out of my driveway, this is what I saw, the Sun coming UP!!!!
And our beautiful full moon going down!!!
This display springing up all over town, was a few houses down from where I met up with my BFF Donna !!!! This is an "art exhibit", it is old Political signs, and those of you that know me well, know that I love Politics and so I had to stop and get a few shots. I would have loved to walk through their yard and get a closer look, but at 6:45 a.m., that might not be a good idea!!!
As you will notice if you look close you will see some very old signs!!! I spotted Goldwater, Stephenson(from the 50's) Bush #41, and alot more interesting ones!!!
Now for the reason I was up so early!!!I was invited to the annual fund raising Breakfast for Whispering Hope Ranch. The ranch is home to nearly 100 animals who were born with physical differences or have suffered abuse or abandonment.It is a place of beauty and serenity located in Payson, Az. Adults and children with physical, medical, developmental and other life limiting challenges a chance to experience the magical, healing environment that is Whispering Hope Ranch.
Our table centerpiece was a square of an unmade quilt and ingrediants to make a S'more.The quilt pieces will eventually be put altogether. The camp partipants love the nightly campfire and making yummy S'mores.
This young Man, here with his Mom, spoke about his camp experience. He said his favorite part was the animals, the food and the drinks!!!!
This year's attendee's.Trish Rogers is on the steering committee and will be doing some volunteer work this summer at the ranch. If any of my friends would like to donate to a great charity, this is it!!!!

No comments: