Sunday, June 21, 2009

Girls need Cuddles and Tickles from their Dads!!

Little girl's and young women often look at their Dad's as heroes and knights in shining armour, as protectors and leaders in the home. It is primarily the relationship with their Father that will form the basis of their self image as a woman and what they can expect in life. When your Dad tells you growing up, you are beautiful, you are smart, you grow up believing that and you accept that assessment as truth and you begin to act and live up to those assessments. She will grow up knowing she is beautiful and smart because that is what she has been told her entire life.
I'm one of those lucky little girls that heard those very things all the time. My Dad treated us girls with respect and we grew up expecting to be treated this way. I had a very fun Dad that didn't tell me how to live, he lived and he let me watch. He taught me many things and probably never even knew he was teaching me something!!! My Dad passed away 25 years ago this past June 7th, and it still hurts as much today as it did back then. I dream of him often and I feel he is still a part of me to this very day.
Thanks Dad for always putting us first and for the unconditional LOVE!!!!

8 comments:

AnjuGandhi said...

hi firs time on your blog, ur pos reminded me of my father.
its true fathers cherish their daughters like princess and many a times girls start looking for his traits in their husband.

one more thing What is this domestic engineer. if by it you mean home maker then i am going to copy this tag from you and use it on my post.

Gigi said...

Jamie you look just like your Dad....You and Carolyn smile like your dad and the other two has your mom's smile...at least in this picture....

Don Durham said...

Jamie, you got me! Here I am welling up. Well put! I am still learning that EVERYTHING I do is a lesson in my son's life. Thanks for reminding me!

Corie said...

Totally agree that you need to show unconditional LOVE to your little ones and make them feel special. Your dad (and my grandpa) was truly great! I so wish he was still around.....

AnjuGandhi said...

hey Mimi , i am going to borrow your domestic engineer tag and use it to describe me.
i have a daughter who went to Boston to do her masters and found a job there and she is still there from last 4 years
and my son is still studying in college

The Martin Family said...

You really made me miss Dad...:(

Have a Happy Father's Day Chuck..

Deanna said...

Dear Mimi,
You are a blessed person to have a dad like this. The love language my dad shared with his family was one of being a hard, honest worker and loving my mom. God has had to help me with coming to an understanding as to being valuable and cherished.
I wouldn't hear my dad say he loved me until I was about 34 years old. I'm now 53.
He's a dear man and I have to focus on the blessings,
Deanna

Jule's Spot said...

So precious...made me cry!
Love you
Julie