Thursday, March 4, 2010

Peace Arch Park!!!!

Before going through Canadian Customs we decided to stop at the Peace Arch Park!!!

Border patrol keeping a vigilant eye out for any border hoppers!!!
See that tree line, that is what keeps the Canadians from exiting and Americans entering, isn't it nice that we can live so honestly and everyone is Happy right where they live!!!!
The Peace arch was built in 1914, to commemorate the centennial of the War of 1812. This war was between Great Britain and The United States of America and many Canadians also fought in this war.
With a section of wrought iron gate, the inscription reads May these gates never be closed.
It is one of the most beautiful parks I have ever seen, simply breathtaking. Many events are held at this park each year.
We walked across the street to get our pic with this sign, we were actually not entering the USA yet, after all we are just getting here!!!!
My sister Carolyn and her Hubby David, a Navy Veteran who proudly served for over 20 years, he now works for Boeing in Seattle.Thanks David and Carolyn for showing me such a great time and driving me everywhere to sight see!!!!!

11 comments:

Kissed by an Angel said...

What gorgeous photos!! Everything looks so clean and lovely!!!
xxxx

Rettabug said...

Jamie, you are one crazy, picture-snapping kook! I am amazed at all the photo ops you can find.


♥ ♥ ♥ that knit headband with the bow in front! I'll have to research that one for you & see if I can find it somewhere. You really do NEED it! :D

I'm glad you're feeling well enough to tell us about your spectacular trip. Seeing it through your eyes is so different

Unknown said...

Awe! What a fun trip! I have never heard of this park. It is very pretty!
I think that I can do the 27th! I just have to look at one thing but I would say that I can do it!

Teeter House?
Looking forward to it!

~Liz

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Jamie, you had such a fantastic trip and saw such wonderful sights in the area. What beautiful memories. Thanks for letting us tag along. Hugs, Marty

Deanna said...

Jamie, Blessings to you today and may you have a great week! I enjoy our blogging friendship and enjoy hearing from my Arizona friend! Thank you for being there.

What a neat park. I honestly did not know Peace Arch Park existed. It's neat.
My Dad was born in Canada...I hope to one day go to the place of his birth.

The Children's program Word World is all together different than Sesame Street. Both are great programs, but Word World is my favorite. The letters actually become the object they are spelling. The program can be bought at the stores if your local PBS doesn't broadcast it. I know your little sweetie would like it and Grandma, too!

We're having blue skies today!!!
So glad.
God bless,
d

Deanna said...

Jamie, where are my manners?
I meant to mention a thank you toward your Brother-In-Law, David's service to our country.
God bless him!
Huge Thanks are in order.
Also your sister otta have a hug for being married to a serviceman.
d

Unknown said...

Jamie ~ That ENTRY sign is so heartwarming! I know you all had a grand time at the Olympics. Canada is such a beauatiful place, to visit.

Deep appreciation to the BIL for his service to our nation.

Nope, not because of 'company coming', sweetie ... I am painting because the construction in the master bath is done ... it is driving me nuts having things incomplete so digging heels in to close THIS chapter, & on to the next phase.

Wish you could pop by for our gathering ... you all have such a nice enjoyable time together out there. One day .....

Have a beautiful day ~
TTFN ~ Hugs, Marydon

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

What a neat park Jamie! I loved reading about your adventure at the Olympics! Cute jogging suit too! Hugs, Cindy

Char said...

Jamie, YES, YES, AND YES, please count me in on the 27th for lunch. I would love to, Char

Leslie said...

What a memorable trip! Looks like the weather was gorgeous for you too!

and... love your maroon sweats outfit, is it JUICY?!

Stella said...

Looked like a beautiful day. Thanks for taking us along on your trip.