Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Princess Diana --unoffical Memorial in Paris, France

This flame has become an unofficial Memorial to Princess Diana. It was put here at this spot in 1989. It was given to the city by the International Herald tribune for having an English speaking newspaper in Paris. The flame became an unofficial memorial for Diana Princess of Wales after her 1997 death in the tunnel beneath the Pont de l'Alma, the limousine she was riding in entered this tunnel and struck the 13th pillar and spun out of control. Sadly she did not survive this terrible accident, many conspiracy theories have been written, I see it as a terrible accident. But it took me years to come to this realization. I adored her for many reasons.

The tunnel below is not accessible for pedestrians.....but I walked a bit down the path and I could nearly see the 13th pillar....I remember exactly where I was at  on that August day back in 1997........my sister was in Paris just days after her death, a trip she had planned for weeks....she said the Sadness was felt everywhere..

No comments: