I posted this last year, but thought I would do it again!!!
10 interesting things about Honest Abe!!!
1. Born Feb. 12,1809 in Knob Creek, Ky
2. He was self taught and an avid reader, often reading by firelight in his family's cabin.
3.Abe worked as a ferry operator on the Mississippi river, and it was while working that he witnessed his first slave auction.
4. Lincoln loved animals and never wanted to hunt them for a sport or for food. He had several pets.
5. His in-laws disapproved of him as a husband for their daughter Mary Todd, because he came from a poor family.
6. Lincoln struggled with depression, his law partner once said"his melancholy dripped from him when he walked."
7. He had exceptional debate skills.
8. At 6 feet 4 inches, he is the tallest President.
9. Although Gettysburg is his most famous speech, his best speech by some was the one he gave at the Republican convention in 1856.
10. 1st President to be assassinated.
My Mom and I visiting the Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library in Springfield, Illinois
A replica of his famous top hat!!! An original is at the Smithsonian in Washington D.C., I've seen it!!!
His face at Mount Rushmore in South Dakota!!!!