Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Day 5-Tuesday May 12th

We toured Carlsbad Caverns on Tuesday. You can either walk down into the caves via a 1 1/2 mile trail or take the elevator. The elevator drops 750 feet, so it was about a 1 minute elevator ride, I do not like closed in spaces, so I wasn't to excited about the ride, but didn't have time to walk it!!!!Going down was ok, only 6 people in it. Coming up was a bit more scary, the elevator was full and then the operator decided to turn out the lights to give everyone the full effect of the darkness, this I did not like!!!! The cavern was awesome and it is the second largest cavern in the world. The largest is in Malaysia.
C.J. and Jesse entering what is called the Big Room it is a 1-2 hour circular tour of the cave.
This formation is called The Rock of Ages. I think because of it's age and size, but I liked this formation because Christ is my Rock of Ages. There also was a formation called Top of the Cross which resembled a cross.
I had to get a photo of this, as everyone knows we love anything to do with Princesses, fairy princesses or Make believe!!!!!

No comments: