Sunday, March 14, 2010

Happy PI day!!! 3.14

Today 3.14 is National PI day, so for this honor, I started this tradition last year, make a pie!!! Or buy a Pie!!!!!
I am NO math Mathematician, far from it actually!!!! But being a HUGE fan of the tv show LOST it brought the entire Math constant and PI to my knowledge and I had to learn more!!!!
PI-- Greek letter shown on my Pie is the symbol for the ratio of the circumference of a circle to it's diameter. PI is an irrational transcendental number meaning it will continue infinitely!!!
ALL or ALMOST all circles circumference is 3 1/4 size it's diameter!!!
Let's try this again this year, you know what a haiku is right???? It is a Japanese poem made up of 3 lines-- 17 syllables in all --7 syllables-5 syllables and 7 syllables, let's try for a PI-KU, so 3 lines with 3 slyllables- 1 syllable and 4 syllables!!!!
ok here is mine!!!!
All Day long
I
think about you
Have a fun PI day!!!!!

5 comments:

just call me jo said...

I read that in the paper this morning. I think I gained weight just looking at that delicious pie. Happy day, whatever it is...! Enjoy that wonderful creation. Any ice cream?

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Good Morning Jamie...
Here is one for you:
All Day Long
I
think about you
You Are A Great Friend!!!

Love ya girl. Still haven't seen the camouflage pic yet. Still watching and waiting. Come on girl, you are holding out on me.

Talk to ya soon. Love ya, Sherry

Chatty Crone said...

Happy PI day to you! sandie

The Martin Family said...

Love pie, apple is my favorite.

All Day Long
I
think about you
your a great Sister!!


hugs!!

Kissed by an Angel said...

I love PIE - 'speciallly that one!!!
xxxx