Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Day 3-Sunday May 10th---HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!!!

Diane, my Mother-in-law and I celebrating Mother's day together in New Orleans!!!
Happy Mother's day to my Mom, my daughter Corie it's her 1st one, my sisters, my sisters-in-law and all my nieces who are Mommies too!!!! And all my friends and family I missed!!!!
Having a Mimosa to celebrate Mother's Day. Here we are at Brunch at our Hotel in New Orleans. It was so good, and I cannot think of 1 thing missing from that lavish buffet. I did love all the southern delights like bread pudding and pralines and cream.
From New Orleans we drove to Oak Alley Plantation. Since we did not have a reservation for Mother's Day Brunch we could not enter the plantation, so we just stopped and got a few photos of this historic place. It is located on the banks of the Mississippi River between New Orleans and Baton Rouge. It is famous for it's 1/4 mile canopy of live Oak Trees. It's no wonder I love Oak trees, I have one in my front yard and they are quite impressive. The oaks form an impressive avenue leading to the classic Greek-revival style antebellum home.
Oak Alley was completed sometime around 1841. What is most impressive about this mansion is the 28 classic columns surrounding the house.The Roman Family that owned this Plantation in the early years were from Grenoble,France. Most of the material used to build it were from the plantation itself. Except the marble for the floors, fireplaces and the slate for the roof. Their wealth came as a result of the sugar grown on the 1,000's of acres. The Roman Family remained at the plantation throughout the civil war.
Movies made here include: the most recent and one I watched and enjoyed is Midnight Bayou a lifetime movie based on the novel by bestseller author Nora Roberts, filmed in Oct. 08 it starred Jerry O'Connell and Faye Dunaway.Interview with a Vampire starring Tom Cruise and Brad Pitt based on the book written by New Orleans resident Ann Rice. Beyonce's new video Deja-Vu was also shot here along with several other movies.

No comments: